- Grootfontein Small Stock Scientific Symposium
Grootfontein Small Stock Scientific Symposium
The annual Grootfontein Small Stock Scientific Symposium was held on Wednesday 29 July 2015.
The speakers at the event are, from the left: Thomas Letsoalo, Khetho Nemutandani, Philemon Ngala, Vongani Shivambu and Justin du Toit (Chairperson at the event).
The event was attended by staff of the Grootfontein Agricultural Development Institute, Middelburg EC, as well as students from the Grootfontein College of Agriculture.
The following topics were presented:
- Characterisation and cryopreservation of semen of the Namaqua Afrikaner sheep breed – Thomas Letsoalo
- Genetic analysis of body weight at different ages in the Grootfontein Merino stud – Khetho Nemutandani
- Assessment of diatomite on lamb feedlot performance – Vongani Shivambu
- The potential for farm level estimation of carbon emissions – Philemon Ngala