- Short Courses
Grootfontein Short Courses
Along with the formal training programme, informal training in the form of short courses, extends the training function of the College into the job situation and the practical farming situation. A co-operative effort is imperative in a situation where different institutions and agencies are involved in informal training e.g. in-service training programmes and extension services.
The following short courses are available at Grootfontein for all students:
- Junior Merino, Dorper and Boer goat judging course
- Senior Dorper and Boer goat judging course
- SA Mutton Merino and Dohne Merino courses
- Large- and Small stock AI courses
- Pregnancy determination courses
- Vermin and Sheep dog handling courses
Short courses are also held for the general public and may include subjects like Gas and Arc welding, Wool classing, Artificial Insemination, Pasture management, Medicinal plants and Computer training. Please contact the College for more details.
Enquiries, applications to be addressed to:The Director Grootfontein Agricultural Development Institute Private Bag X5295900
Telephone Number: 049 - 8026723
Fax Number: 049 - 8421477