Make the following changes on your test time table:-
MMP 121 - Test 2 - moved to 15 October 8:10
MHP 121 - Test 3 - moved to 29 October 13:40
Please make the following changes:-
ABG 241 will be on Friday 13 Sept from 8:10 till 10:00
WSP 241 will replace ABG 241 on Monday 16 Sept at 9:10
TAKE NOTE – Movement of NUT 241 and MMP 241 Test 2 - NEW DATES
NUT 241 Test 2 – New Date – Thursday 19 September at 14:00
MMP 241 Test 2 – New Date – 21 October at 8:10
MMP 241 Test 3 - New Date 28 October at 8:10
Movement was asked by examiner and approved by the Principal
|WEEK 8: 2 - 6 September|
|Time||08:10 - 09:00||09:10 - 10:00||10:30 - 11:20||11:30 - 12:20||13:40 - 14:30||14:40 - 15:30|
|TUE 03||NRM 361||NRM 361||Minifarm||Minifarm||UFS visit Dr Geyer|
|WED 04||NRM 361 Excursion|
|THU 05||ABG 370||ABG 370||Minifarm||Minifarm||Minifarm||Minifarm|
|FRI 06||ABG 370 Test at 7:45|
All students involved
SBM 121 - Test 2 - New Date - Monday 16 September at 14:00
All students with outstanding stubjects or repeating their year.
Make sure on the noticebaord what is going on with your academics. It is not the College responsibility to keep on reminding you if you need to re-write tests, hand in paractical assignments, etc.
Lists has been put up on the noticeboard even before classes started 15 July 2019.
Take responsibility for your own academics.
ALL STUDENTS TAKE NOTE - All of these rule is applicable for all Assessments
All of these rules are applicable for all Assessments
Make sure you are on time at the hall. The time on the Test and Exam time table, is in fact the time that you should already be seated.
If you enter the hall late, after all other students are already seated and they start with their exam / test, you will need special permission from the Examinations officer to enter the hall.
Student card must be visible on your table during the whole assessment. You may be asked to show it at the door before entering the venue. BUT during the entire assessment it must be visible on your table.
ONLY A BLACK OR BLUE PEN MAY BE USED.
Go through the instructions as below that are on your Examination book.
Make sure you complete your front page of the Examination book or test paper in full. If it is not completed your examination paper or test paper will not be marked.
NO EXPLANATION WILL BE ACCEPTABLE WHEN YOU ENTER THE EXAMINATION AND TEST HALL WITH NOTES IN YOUR POSESSION. NOT EVEN WHEN IT IS WRITTEN ON FOR Example - RULER, CALCULATOR, ERASER, PENCIL CASE, ETC.)
NO Pencil cases on the assessment tables is allowed.
It is your own responsibility to make sure you do not have anything with you.
1. By writing your name and student number on the assessment script you confirm that you are familiar with the assessment regulations of the College.
2. Write your name and student number clearly in the space provided. Your name and number must also be written on each extra assessment script that you use. Write your table number where indicated on the examination book.
3. Write neatly and clearly, using both sides of the paper and leave margins free for the use of the examiner.
4. Answer the questions directly after one another, draw a line across the page and write the number of the next question in the centre of the next line.
5. Under no circumstances, may you communicate with other candidates or obtain assistance from outside the examination or test venue.
6. You will render yourself liable to disqualification if you make personal remarks to the examiner and or invigilator. The writing of any offensive matter on any assessment material supplied to you will disqualify you.
7. You are not allowed to leave the assessment room without the permission of the invigilator.
8. No explanation of any assessment questions may be asked or may be given.
9. Your answers must be written in English.
10. All work done must be handed in. If you wish any part of your work not to be assessed, draw a line through it.
11. No pages may be removed from the assessment venue or books.
12. The invigilator may disqualify any candidate for unfair practices or unsatisfactory conduct.
13. No cell phones or any form of head gear are allowed in any assessment venues.
14. Your student card must be visible at all time for all assessments
A Copy of the Marks will only be put up on the noticeboard from test 2 onwards. Make sure you frequently look on the portal if there are any marks available.
Predi – This is your semester mark. This mark will be re-calculated after every test or practical mark is slotted into the portal. The average of the best 2 test marks will be used for your final semester mark in addition to any other assessment marks for example practical marks. If Test Weights is applicable, the Predi will be calculated according to the % of the test weights (not the average between two tests).
Remarks – The Remarks will show “No Admission” until all tests and practical marks are slotted in. Only then will the remark be finalised to “Admission”. If it stays No Admission after Semester Day, you may not write the Examination.
Incomplete – Part of the subject was not done or passed. Such a student will then need to re-register for this subject the next year. This is usually subject codes that end with a 0 (continuous evaluation) or subjects where there is theory and practical classes. A student needs to do everything as on the timetable to be able to pass a subject. If one part is outstanding, you will fail.
Attendance < 80% - You do not have class attendance to qualify to write examination. No matter what your predi is.
The requirements are 70% for Theory classes and 80% for all subjects ending with a 0.
After the Examinations the Remark will change to Pass or Fail. If you qualify for a Supplementary Exam, the remark will be Supp Exam and if you qualify for a ReExam, the remark will show ReExam.
MOST IMPORTANT – If you do not understand something, ask, do not assume or ask other students for guidance.