ABG 231 - TEST 2
New Date - 9 May 2019 at 13:40 (Thursday)
ABG 231 will replace NUT 231 class on Tuesday 9 April at 8:10
All Students make sure to be at Mr Esterhuyse office on Tuesday the 7th of May at 13:40 for your final assessment of ATS 230.
This is not on your time table. Make the changes to not forget.
If you do not attend, you will fail the subject and you will need to re-register for it in 2020.
NRM 231 class on Monday 1 April in the open time slot at 14:40
IMS 230 - Group B - Thursday 4 April at 14:40
Make these changes on your classes time table:-
19 March - MMP 231 at 11:30 (replace MHP)
20 March - ABG 231 at 10:30 (replace MHP)
Make these changes on your classes time table:-
18 March – MHP 231 at 13:40 (replace ABG)
19 March – ABG 231 at 13:40 (replace AGL)
25 March – AGL 231 at 8:10 (replace ABG)
29 April – ABG 231 Test replace the classes at 8:10 – 10:00 (This is already indicated your test / exam Time Table)
Group A and Group B - NRM 111 practicals of Friday 8 March is cancelled.
All NRM 111 Practicals will continue from Monady 11 March
Make sure to collect your AGR 111 answer scripts on Friday at 9:05 in the Merino Hall. After your SBM 111 test.
Mr Phillip will discuss this test with you. He will be done before 9:35 when your practicals commence for the day.
There will be a class test on ration formulations (excluding trial and error method) on Friday 8 March at 11:30
Compulsory all students.
Take note of the following changes. Make the necessary changes on your class’s time table.
NRM 111 - Will now be in the open time slots of:-
Thu 28 Febr - 14:40
Fri 1 March - 10:30
All students with outstanding stubjects or repeating their year.
Make sure on the noticebaord what is going on with your academics. It is not the College responsibility to keep on reminding you if you need to re-write tests, hand in paractical assignments, etc.
Lists has been put up on the noticeboard even before classes started on the 30th of January 2019.
Take responsibility for your own academics.
Rule test will be on Monday 11 February at 15:00 in the Merino Venu. - SRC
Netball practise for all interested 16:15 at the netball courts on Monday 11 Febr
COMPULSOR CLASSES NRM 231
Monday at 14:40
Groups as in the free time slots for Week 3 (12 - 15 February) as on time table. - Attend NRM 231 classes in the Angora hall during the free time slots.
All students take note. Email were send to all regarding:-
1. College Calendar for 2019
2. Fees for 2019
3. Supplementary / Re-Examination Time Table for January 2019
Also see Calendar and Supplementary and Re-Examination time table under the noticeboard on the portal.
R127 is payable for every Supplementary and Re-Examination BEFORE you may write.
ALL STUDENTS TAKE NOTE - All of these rule is applicable for all Assessments
All of these rules are applicable for all Assessments
Make sure you are on time at the hall. The time on the Test and Exam time table, is in fact the time that you should already be seated.
If you enter the hall late, after all other students are already seated and they start with their exam / test, you will need special permission from the Examinations officer to enter the hall.
Student card must be visible on your table during the whole assessment. You may be asked to show it at the door before entering the venue. BUT during the entire assessment it must be visible on your table.
ONLY A BLACK OR BLUE PEN MAY BE USED.
Go through the instructions as below that are on your Examination book.
Make sure you complete your front page of the Examination book or test paper in full. If it is not completed your examination paper or test paper will not be marked.
NO EXPLANATION WILL BE ACCEPTABLE WHEN YOU ENTER THE EXAMINATION AND TEST HALL WITH NOTES IN YOUR POSESSION. NOT EVEN WHEN IT IS WRITTEN ON FOR Example - RULER, CALCULATOR, ERASER, PENCIL CASE, ETC.)
NO Pencil cases on the assessment tables is allowed.
It is your own responsibility to make sure you do not have anything with you.
1. By writing your name and student number on the assessment script you confirm that you are familiar with the assessment regulations of the College.
2. Write your name and student number clearly in the space provided. Your name and number must also be written on each extra assessment script that you use. Write your table number where indicated on the examination book.
3. Write neatly and clearly, using both sides of the paper and leave margins free for the use of the examiner.
4. Answer the questions directly after one another, draw a line across the page and write the number of the next question in the centre of the next line.
5. Under no circumstances, may you communicate with other candidates or obtain assistance from outside the examination or test venue.
6. You will render yourself liable to disqualification if you make personal remarks to the examiner and or invigilator. The writing of any offensive matter on any assessment material supplied to you will disqualify you.
7. You are not allowed to leave the assessment room without the permission of the invigilator.
8. No explanation of any assessment questions may be asked or may be given.
9. Your answers must be written in English.
10. All work done must be handed in. If you wish any part of your work not to be assessed, draw a line through it.
11. No pages may be removed from the assessment venue or books.
12. The invigilator may disqualify any candidate for unfair practices or unsatisfactory conduct.
13. No cell phones or any form of head gear are allowed in any assessment venues.
14. Your student card must be visible at all time for all assessments
A Copy of the Marks will only be put up on the noticeboard from test 2 onwards. Make sure you frequently look on the portal if there are any marks available.
Predi – This is your semester mark. This mark will be re-calculated after every test or practical mark is slotted into the portal. The average of the best 2 test marks will be used for your final semester mark in addition to any other assessment marks for example practical marks. If Test Weights is applicable, the Predi will be calculated according to the % of the test weights (not the average between two tests).
Remarks – The Remarks will show “No Admission” until all tests and practical marks are slotted in. Only then will the remark be finalised to “Admission”. If it stays No Admission after Semester Day, you may not write the Examination.
Incomplete – Part of the subject was not done or passed. Such a student will then need to re-register for this subject the next year. This is usually subject codes that end with a 0 (continuous evaluation) or subjects where there is theory and practical classes. A student needs to do everything as on the timetable to be able to pass a subject. If one part is outstanding, you will fail.
Attendance < 80% - You do not have class attendance to qualify to write examination. No matter what your predi is.
The requirements are 70% for Theory classes and 80% for all subjects ending with a 0.
After the Examinations the Remark will change to Pass or Fail. If you qualify for a Supplementary Exam, the remark will be Supp Exam and if you qualify for a ReExam, the remark will show ReExam.
MOST IMPORTANT – If you do not understand something, ask, do not assume or ask other students for guidance.